With 15 weeks of access to a Star Pronunciation Course you will practice daily with our Listen-and-Repeat exercise audio downloads. These help you practice using what you learn in each of your lessons. You will keep the audio files to continue your practice after you have completed your video lessons.
Colour strategies for dresses
The colors of clothing are divided into the following 3 categories:
Red, yellow, orange as well as other similar colors are warm colors, which give individuals the sensation of heat;
Blue is color of cool, which give a cold feeling to individuals;
Green and purple is definitely the moderate color.
Selecting warm colors in winter and cold colors in summer time is the principle of choosing colors.
Some tips about picking out the colour of clothing:
Choose a single colour to become the background, after which use distinctive shades of other close colors to match it.
- The other is according to a most important colour, adding somewhat color that is contrasted, which can leave an sophisticated look to individuals. Intensely comparative color appears like the stage clothes, and it truly is inappropriate for every day wearing.
- From the viewpoint of costume design, regardless of whether the colors are effectively collocated or not will definitely show a person’s appreciation potential towards garments. But our look, other than the moment we face the mirror, we are appreciated and evaluated by other people for many on the time. Consequently, to abandon the subjective preferences and base on objective criteria to identify the collocation of color could be the initially secret of dress art.
- Red symbolizes warmth, passion and excitement. In ancient China, the color red plays a crucial part in Chinese traditional dress. Light red might be utilised during the spring. Intense red, although ,is appropriate for summer season. And deep red is definitely the perfect colour in autumn. We Chinese think that red is actually a lucky color. So within the spring or in wedding, birthday party and other festive occasions, men and women adore the color of bright red, which we feel will add luck. Reportedly, after the Mongols ruled China, the preference for red habit spread to China, and it has been utilized up to now.
- Now there is no apparent idea towards the colour red, and it entirely is determined by individual preferences. When wearing red trousers or skirt, the upper body might be dispensed with white or beige jacket, and you can also use red corsage pins to decorate tops. If it really is a light red plaid skirt, you may make a collocation having a deep red coat and also a hat with straw yellow colour, then footwear and handbags in white.
- The colour yellow belongs for the warm colour system. It normally stands for the adjectives of warm, pleased, vibrant, self-willed, authority, and lively. Yellow with high chroma may be the symbol of richness and honor, particularly in Chinese standard dress, and yellow with low intensity will be the most excellent color.
- The moderate brilliant yellow is appropriate for summer time use, but deep robust yellow will do excellent towards the autumn atmosphere. Gauze garments in pale yellow take pleasure in the romantic atmosphere. Consequently applying it because the color of extended gown may too be a good decision. Pale yellow jacket and coffee- color skirt and pants are very good collocation.
- There will conflicts when match the colour pink with pale yellow. And also the orange and blue is extremely collocation of taboo, which ought to be avoided. Note that, while blue and green are from the same shade, but usually do not collocate dark blue and dark green with one another, even when the light will not be appropriate.
Dress codes are everywhere: work, conferences, weddings, birthday parties, cocktail parties, etc. Unfortunately, not all of us are so fashion-inclined to know what every single term means in regards to proper attire. These are the major dress code terms you should know:
- Casual: Can also be called “informal.” Essentially, this means that anything goes…almost. You should still be tasteful and avoid worn out clothing with holes, tears, and stains if possible.
- Smart casual: This can also be called “casual dressy” or “dressy casual.” The general consensus is that you should aim for what Cynthia Nellis at About Style defines as, “dressed-up versions of casual looks.” For men, that might mean a nice pair of trousers—or very nice jeans—with a polo or button-up shirt. For women, the same thing, but a nice knee-length skirt is acceptable as well. Usually it’s best to avoid shorts, old pairs of jeans, and t-shirts for this dress code.
- Business casual: This is probably the most confusing of the bunch because it mixes the words “business” (professional and proper) with “casual” (what seems like the exact opposite). The truth is it varies by industry, age group, and location. Fortunately, we have some examples that cover most of those. Generally speaking, women should wear a skirt or dress with a hem past the knee, or tailored dress pants with a button-down or blouse. Men should wear dress pants or khakis, with a collared shirt and a belt.
- Garden attire or beach formal: This means you should “dress to impress,” but consider the environment when you select your outfit. If it’s “beach formal,” sandals and other open-toe style shoes are acceptable. For “garden attire,” Margaret Jones of Scriptura explains that female guests should wear wedge heels or flats so they don’t sink in the dirt or grass. Depending on the time of year, a “garden attire” gathering could mean light colored linen for men and summer dresses for women.
- Cocktail attire: Sometimes called “cocktail chic” as well. Jessica Ellis at WiseGEEK explains that cocktail attire means you should be well dressed (no shorts, sandals, or t-shirts), but there is usually some wiggle room for personality. Still, both men and women should aim for darker colors. Men should wear dark suits (with or without a tie), dress pants with dress shirts, and even a nice pair of jeans with a sport coat or jacket. Women should wear knee-length skirts or dress pants with a nice sweater or blouse, or go for the classic “little black cocktail dress.”
- Festive: Exactly what it sounds like. This is usually the dress code for holiday parties and other themed get-togethers. According to Leah Bourne at Stylecaster, it’s best to aim for cocktail level attire with a holiday twist. Be creative, but maybe leave the Santa hats and elf ears at home.
- Business formal: You’ll usually find this dress code being used for business lunches or conferences. According to Leah Bourne at Stylecaster, guys should be in a suit and tie, and gals should be in a tailored dress or pantsuit. Think a more dressy form of business appropriate clothing.
- Semi-formal: This one can be a little tricky, because it’s basically just a hair below “black tie optional.” The dress etiquette guide at Emily Post suggests men at least wear a darker colored business suit and tie (vest optional). Women can go with a little black cocktail dress or a long dressy skirt with a nice top. Dress shoes are expected. Basically, the main difference between “black tie optional” and “semi-formal” dress code is that this one isn’t sorta-kinda asking you to wear a tuxedo or evening gown.
- Black tie optional: This is interchangeable with “formal attire,” according to The Knot, but is still slightly less formal than “black tie.” For men, this means that a tuxedo isn’t required, but a dark suit and tie is considered appropriate for the occasion. For women, a dress or pantsuit in a dark, neutral tone is acceptable. Even a cocktail-length dress can be perfectly fine as long as isn’t too colorful or flashy.
- Creative black tie: According to etiquette web guide Emily Post, this means a combination of “black tie” with trendy or whimsical items. While tuxedos and dresses are still recommended, you can combine them with colored shirts, patterned bow ties, and slightly flashier cocktail dresses fit in this dress code. Depending on the occasion, it could also mean different styles of footwear. Things like cowboy boots, bolo ties, and cowboy hats might be appropriate, for example.
- Black tie: This is considered to be the second highest level of formal attire. This is usually the kind of dress code you’ll be given for weddings or special life events (like an anniversary party). According to the wedding planning blog The Knot, Men should wear a tuxedo with a black bow tie, cummerbund, and a nice pair of leather dress shoes. Women should wear a long evening gown or cocktail dress in a dark, neutral color like brown or black.
- White tie: Can also be called “ultra-formal” because this is considered the highest level of dress code. As wedding printing company Hobart’s Printing explains, men should wear a white bow tie, black coat with tails, and a white pique vest over a white formal dress shirt. Women should wear long, formal evening gowns, and gloves when enjoying cocktails and dancing (then removed during dinner). If you get an invitation that says “white tie attire only,” you know this is a very formal occasion.